The Community Haus is a gathering of friends and neighbors who are intentionally creative about the way in which we gather together to immerse and invest our lives in South Side of Lancaster City Pennsylvania.
Excuse the mess. We're relaunching our website.
Their are several ways to connect with us and what we're doing.
We encourage you make it out to one of our community events.
When it comes to parking, you have two main options.
- We’re located at 428 South Prince Street Lancaster, PA 17603.
Prince Street is a pretty main street. Take the exit for 272 and follow it to Prince Street. Or get off at Harrisburg Pike, follow it to the city and take a right onto Prince Street. Follow Prince Street (which is a one way) down through town and a block and a half past the mission.
Here is a list of some of our upcoming events.
Here is a archived list of some of our past events.
- Park on the street.
Usually, South Prince Street has a fair amount of open spots on our block.
- Park in the lot.
As you come down South Prince Street, take a RIGHT onto Andrew Street, immediately right after the bright orange “Authentico Latino Restaurante“. At the stop sign, take a LEFT on to Mill Street. About 150 feet on the left is our entrance. Park close to our entrance and walk through the yard.
We also get mentioned in the Press & Media, from time to time.
- December 1st, 2013 - Pizza and a Movie (What Would Jesus Buy?)
- November 1st, 2013 - The Sweet Sorrows & Matt Wheeler Concert at Gallery on Market
- October 27th, 2013 - Preached at East Petersburg Mennonite, "Living Out An Invatational Kingdom."
- October 18th, 2013 - The "unKingdom of God" with Author Mark Van Steenwyk
- August 16th, 2013 - Sammy Horner and The Sweet Sorrows Concert at Cafe One Eight
- June 30th, 2013 - The Community Haus Moving Day
- June 22nd, 2013 - Jeff preached at Grace Ubuntu Fellowship ("Let there be Peace, in the City")
- June 9th, 2013 - Jeff McLain's Ministerial Licensing Service in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- June 3rd, 2013 - Firepit Night.
- May 26th, 2013 - Jeff preached at Grace Ubuntu Fellowship ("Clear The Mechanism").
- May 15th, 2013 - ANEC "Leadership Workshop" with Alan Hirsch.
- May 9th, 2013 – Skype Meeting with missiologist, J.R. Briggs.
- April 14th, 2013 - Jeff preached at Grace Ubuntu Fellowship ("Powerfully Investing, Together").
- April 9th, 2013 - Michael Roe, the 77's Unplugged and Saint Narcissus Live From The Cellar.
- December 14th, 2012 – Denison Witmer & Kerr Live From The Cellar, SOLD OUT
- December 9th, 2012 – What Would Jesus Buy? Movie & Discussion Symposium Night
- October 20th, 2012 - The 77's Unplugged at the Community Room
- October 4th, 2012 - Symposium Night with Author Kristine McGuire
- September 24th, 2012 - Intercessory Prayer Walk around our Neighborhood
- August 5th, 2012 - The Lost Dogs at Sunnyside Mennonite, SOLD OUT
- June 14th, 2012 - Firepit Night
- April 9th, 2013 - Firepit Night
- March 18th, 2012 - The 77's Unplugged at the Community Room, SOLD OUT
- January 28th, 2012 - Denison Witmer at the Community Room, Concert #1 SOLD OUT
- January 28th, 2012 - Denison Witmer the Community Room, Concert #2 SOLD OUT
- October 23rd, 2011 - The Violet Burning at Lebanon Valley College, Miller Chapel
- Founder of The Electrics performing in Lancaster this Friday (Lancaster Newspapers, Blogs, David O’Connor, October 28th, 2013)
- Five Fun Free Family Things To Do This Weekend (WJTL, Fred McNaughton, Blogs, November 1st, 2013)
- InterVarsity Press Author, Mark Van Steenwyk to Speak at Free Event in Lancaster, PA(Broadway World Books, October 13th Blog)
- Religion Calendar: Week beginning Oct. 12th(Lancaster Newspapers, August 12th, 2013)
- Celtic Singer/Songwriter Sammy Horner, Inspired by Bob Dylan and a Mennonite Community, Releases New Song(WatchListNews, October 13th)
- A Protest Song for Anabaptists(Mennonite World Weekly, October 11th, 2013)
- ACC leadership transitions: Jeff McLain (Currents Magazine of Atlantic Coast Conference MCUSA, July 2013)
- It’s harvest season, and expect a crop of good music here this weekend, from the 77's on Saturday to the band For King & Country on Sunday (Lancaster Newspapers, October 18, 2012)
- Author shares her experiences in witchcraft: returns to Christianity after 8 years as a witch (Lancaster Newspapers, October 6, 2012)
A good Christian witch? Author to share her experience with witchcraft (Lancaster Newspapers, September 29, 2012)
- Downtown Lancaster venue to again host 77's for ‘unplugged’ show Oct. 20 (Lancaster Newspapers, September 26, 2012)
- Return engagement … after sold-out March show, ’77's Unplugged’ concert being held in Lancaster Oct. 20 (Lancaster Newspapers, September 19, 2012)
Sunday’s Lost Dogs/Marty Shaughnessy concert just the latest success for Lancaster-area promoter … more to come? (Lancaster Newspapers, August 7. 2012)
Religion Calendar: Week Beginning Aug. 4 (Lancaster Newspapers, August 4, 2012)
A Christian music reminder, and a reminder that The Lost Dogs will perform here Sunday (Lancaster Newspapers, August 3, 2012)
- ‘Lost Dogs’ to Offer Concert (Engle Press Pennysaver & Advertiser Newspapers, August 1, 2012)
- Aug. 5 concert by The Lost Dogs moved to larger venue, and Rainchildren singer added to the bill (Lancaster Newspapers, July 24, 2012)
- Influential, chart-topping Christian music ‘supergroup,’ The Lost Dogs, performing in Lancaster next month. (Lancaster Newspapers, July 2th, 2012)
- Entertainment: The Lost Dogs to Perform August 5. (Lancaster Newspapers, July 12, 2012)
- Video: An interview with Michael Roe of the 77's (Lancaster Newspapers, March 23, 2012)
- Michael Roe and David Leonhardt of the 77's impress fans at Lancaster unplugged show (Lancaster Newspapers, March 19, 2012)
- One of Christian rock’s best-ever bands, The 77's, coming to Lancaster in March (Lancaster Newspapers, February 7, 2012)
- R&R with R&R: Two-thirds of The 77s to perform at the Community Room (Lancaster Newspapers, February 23, 2012)
- Caught up in the music of life: Native singer-songwriter Denison Witmer will play free concert in City (Lancaster Newspapers, January 22, 2012)
- R&R with R&R: Musical reasons to go to the movies (Denison Witmer Concert) (Lancaster Newspapers, January 12, 2012)
- Concert Debut to Feature Denison Witmer (Engle Press Newspapers, January 18, 2012)
Popular Christian band to play LVC: ‘The Violet Burning, which has sold 20,000-plus CDs, will perform Sunday. (Lebanon Daily News, October 20, 2011)
- LVC Hosts Top-Selling Christian Rock Sensation The Violet Burning (Valley News, October 17, 2011)
- Barnstormers packing them in: Attendance up midway through 2012 (Lancaster Newspapers, July 9, 2012)
- Passing on the Faith, in Southern California (Conference Crier, Sunday Edition, July 31, 2011)
- Mennonites forming Church in Huntington Beach (Huntington Beach News, May 2011)
- Mennonites in Surf City U.S.A. (RMM News Bulletin, April 20, 2011)
- Former Angel Fred Lynn returns to Anaheim (Orange County Register, February 19, 2011)
- GARDENING: Sprucing up 5 city parks; Residents can expect to see renovations — and water features (Lancaster Newspapers, October, 2, 2008)
- BOOK: Righteous: Dispatches from the Evangelical Youth Movement (Authored By Lauren Sandler, September 7, 2006 [Viking Books])